Share our great offers with your friends
Fatigue - Vanarama’s Best Practise Guide for Van Drivers
According to RoSPA, fatigue - related accidents cause 20% of road accidents which in turn results in 300 deaths. Vanarama has provided advice to help you stay fresh while at the wheel
- · Ensure you have a good nights sleep before a working day
- · Try and include a 15 minute break every two hours
- · Take into account journey distance and early starts. Ideally, you do not want a long drive home after a long day's work
- · Our bodies work on cycles, and between the hours of 2-4pm and midnight to 6am, we are at our lowest in terms of alertness. Try and avoid travelling between these times.
- · Avoid medication that makes you drowsy
- · Allow fresh air to circulate in the van
- · If it is possible share the driving
- · If you are yawning heavily and have difficulty concentrating, or feel sleepy, then find a safe place to stop (not a motorway hard shoulder). Try and take a short nap and take a strong caffeine drink.