Share our great offers with your friends
Making yourself familiar with the vehicle
The importance of making yourself familiar with the van before you begin a journey cannot be overstated. Vanarama feels it is important to pay particular attention too the dimensions and GVW of the vehicle together with the position of the lights, indicators, fuel cap release, and bonnet release.
Vanarama's set up and familiarisation check list should keep you in good stead
- · Before starting the ignition, seating, seat belts, head rest, and steering wheel.
- · If you suffer with back problems, fit lumber supports to the seating accordingly
- · Seatbelts should be tight but comfortable
- · Ensure your correct posture, keeping your back straight
- · Make sure that your legs are comfortable and that you are not too close to the dashboard
- · Adjust your mirrors after you are happy you are in the correct seating position for the vehicle
- · Make sure you know the dimensions of the van and the GVW, or maximum authorised mass
- · Ensure you are familiar with the location and operation of the following equipment
- Lights - Indicators
- Fuel cap release
- Bonnet release
- Hazard lights