Share our great offers with your friends
Vehicle Security - Vanarama’s Best Practise Guide for Van Drivers
With over 47,000 vans stolen per year and thieves increasingly targeting vans and their contents, it is important to remain vigilant and follow basic security measures which can prevent vehicle crime.
Vanarama's Van Security Tips
- · Remove ignition key when not in the vehicle
- · Always keep the keys on your person
- · Ensure all doors are locked including the vehicle load space when you are not in the vehicle.
- · Always ensure windows are shut when you are not in the vehicle.
- · Always ensure that you have planned your routes and avoid stopping unnecessarily
- · Never carry passengers that have not been authorised by your company
- · Always use the vehicles anti theft devices
- · Do not leave items of value where they can be seen by the public
- · Ensure valuable items are not left in the van over night
- · If your load is particularly valuable, ensure you travel with a convoy of trusted drivers. It is important to be aware that some staff at the drop off point maybe bogus, and to double check any requests to deliver to an alternate address
- · If you do carry valuable loads, it is a good idea to alternate routes every so often so would be criminals cannot accurately predict your route.
- · Ensure load documentation is in a safe place