At Vanarama, we have a range of van leasing options to suit you and your business needs, including Contract Hire, Finance Lease and Contract Purchase. We understand the importance of your van purchase and want to make sure the process is as simple and seamless as possible for you. You can find out how we do this by visiting our Why Use Us page.
Below we have highlighted the key features and benefits of each of the three finance products. Our in-depth FAQs should also help with any specific queries but, of course, feel free to pick up the phone to one of our Account Managers on tel: 0845 094 1399 or 01442 820 554 or drop us an email to email@example.com.
Van Contract Hire
Contract Hire is definitely worthy of consideration if the use of a van for a fixed period of time is more important to you than ownership.
- Low deposit typically equivalent to three monthly rentals
- Choice of contract period from 24 to 60 months
- Option to include a full maintenance package
- Tax efficient as monthly rentals can be offset against taxable profits
- No worries about depreciation
- If you're VAT registered, claim back all of the VAT on your monthly rentals
- Funders will charge for damage that is over and above what is acceptable under the BVRLA's Fair Wear and Tear Guide.
- You will need to estimate the time and mileage for your use of the van, and you will be charged for any excess mileage
- There is no option to purchase the van at the end of the contract.
Find out more via our Van Contract Hire FAQs.
Van Finance Lease
Finance Lease provides you with the benefit of owning your van whilst building up equity over a period of 2-5 years.
- Low deposit and low monthly rentals; one of the most cost effective options if you need full use of a vehicle but don't require final ownership
- Up to 100% tax deductible monthly payments
- If you're VAT registered, claim back up to 100% of the VAT on your monthly rentals
- Equity at the end of the agreement
- Unlike Contract Hire, no strict mileage or damage penalties
- Monthly rentals appear as a liability on your balance sheet
- Risk of fluctuations in the used vehicle market
Find out more via our Van Finance Lease FAQs.
Van Contract Purchase
If ownership is a priority then this is a cost-effective route to purchasing your vehicle over a pre-agreed term of between 2-5 years.
- Ownership of the van at the end of the agreement
- There is an Optional Final Payment, therefore reducing your monthly instalments
- Payments are not subject to VAT
- Capital cost of the van can be written-down utilising the standard writing-down allowances, unless using the Annual Investment Allowance (AIA)
- Low initial deposit with fixed monthly instalments
- Interest reclaimable against tax
- After making the Optional Final Payment, ownership of the vehicle can be taken, or it can be part exchanged - using any surplus equity towards a deposit for a new vehicle
- Outstanding instalments appear as a liability on your balance sheet
- The vehicle will appear on your balance sheet
- Not VAT-efficient
- At risk from lower residual values
Find out more via our Van Contract Purchase FAQs.